Monday, 26 August 2013

Let's get physical


I spend quite a bit of time browsing the internet and magazines for information on nutrition and fitness tips. Whilst of course there are times when exercise feels like nothing more than a chore, in general I do enjoy keeping active. I'm a much nicer person when I fit some kind of exercise into my daily/weekly routine and I also believe it is incredibly important to look after your body and (as naf as it sounds) treat it with respect. I have seen first-hand the painful and detrimental effects an unhealthy lifestyle can have on a person's health and life and I hope never to see someone close to me in that state again. Although you can't help what illnesses may befall you, you can do your best to arm your body with its best form of defence.

Which means trying to err on the side of happy and healthy whenever you can. Don’t get me wrong, I am far from perfect and more often than not my best intentions fall flat when faced with the temptation with your girlfriends of a catch-up over a few drinks and a bowl of chips, but it’s all about that magic rule; 80:20.

 Try and make the right choices 80% of the time and enjoy yourself the other 20%.

It’s certainly not about being a certain weight or looking like the (totally unachievable by the way) models and celebrities that grace the covers of your favourite magazines. It is about finding a way that you enjoy to keep active and aiming for nutritious whole foods rather than empty, sugary, will-do-nothing-for-you calories. Yep, you heard it, put down the can of diet coke.

So, in light of my mini-motivational speech I will be posting a weekly round-up of any interesting links  I come across that will hopefully inform, motivate and inspire us all (yes that includes me) to be a healthier, happier version of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment